[Encore] Ahoy! and a friendly request.

Jane Turner j.turner at qut.edu.au
Wed Jun 24 19:01:49 MDT 2009

and welcome back from what looks like a fabulous voyage ( i clocked the news page)

one query and something that would be probably a useful resource on the barn is the issue of hosting ... i am pretty sure there was a conversation about this ages ago but i recall no solution ... perhaps someone has a better memory than i ... very easy :)

i am looking to host our design moo (v4) somewhere other than its current site ... there are some nice hosting deals that offer shell access but the only one i can find that will allow the opening of extra ports costs extra ...

nothing i can find offers actual root access ... not surprising ..

SO my question is this i guess: has anyone setup a v4 moo using virtual hosting and what are the issues?

... i tried a dummy run on someone else's account and the first one seems to be the initial setup and pathways ... altho that might be my rubbish grasp on unix ...

anyways, any information / gossip / advice welcome ..

cheers love truna